Melissa Achtien, Gilt + Gossamer & TGX Medical Systems
April 5th, 2016
This week we had the pleasure of hearing from Melissa Achtien who is the Co-Founder of Gilt + Gossamer and a Controller at TGX Medical Systems. Melissa shared with us what it is like to open your own business and the challenges and rewards that come with entrepreneurship. She also told us about working as an accountant both for public and private firms.
She had great advice for the members of WIB:
- Step outside your comfort zone and the rewards are huge
- Think about looking for a job through a temp agency
- If you are thinking of starting a business, just go for it!
- You just have to ask – ask for flexibility, ask for money, ask for benefits, etc.
- You can have it all, but not all at the same time
Thank you Melissa for sharing with us!
See you all at the next meeting!