Jennifer Arteaga, PepsiCo
October 18th, 2016
Our wonderful first guest of the term was Jennifer Arteaga, a University of Oregon Alum who currently works as a Sales District Leader at PepsiCo for the Frito Lay North America Area Division. While studying business administration at UO, Jennifer was a member of WIB, as well as many other extracurricular groups. She stressed the importance of participating in clubs, as they provide opportunities for personal growth and relationship development.
Jennifer started out studying accounting, but thanks to an internship at Frito Lay, found her true interest in management and PR. An important lesson that she shared is to make sure that where you’re going, and what you’re doing, means something to you.
Some more pieces of wisdom that Jennifer shared with us include:
- Be bold in whatever you do, but also be sweet. Just like Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos!
- Realize the importance of a good network of people who can bring you up when you’re down.
- Say yes when you have the opportunity to do something. Change is always good for you, and it will make you the person you are.
- Advocate for yourself, and don’t worry about looking cocky or aggressive.
- Keep yourself centered and happy.
Thank you Jennifer for sharing with us!
Hope to see you all at the next meeting!