Cortney McDermott, Entrepreneur
February 28th, 2017
At the end of winter term we had the pleasure of hearing from Cortney McDermott, an award-winning writer, international speaker, and business life strategist. She spent part of her time with us sharing valuable advice she wishes someone had told her when she was younger. Here are some of the main points she shared:
- Remember your values and live them everyday, and then it won’t matter what you’re doing. That is how to find happiness.
- We spend a lot of time dealing with things that may be urgent but not truly important to us. It is valuable to focus on what’s really important.
- Have a vision, but make sure you know where you are now.
- Focus. Where you put your attention is so important.
- If you have a dream, it is there. The question is, do you love it enough and is it embedded enough in your values?
- Comparison is a sin. Have confidence and trust in yourself.
Thank you Cortney for your wonderful stories and words of advice.
Hope to see you all at the next meeting!