April 11th, 2017
We were recently joined by Kristin Luck, a graduate of the University of Oregon with a B.S. in Journalism and a minor in statistics. She shared about her experiences working in the fields of research, marketing, entrepreneurship, and consulting, including time in the entertainment industry. Kristin enjoys telling stories through data, which drew her to research and modeling. She learned about business through the experience of starting her own company, something she has done multiple times with great success.
During her time with us, Kristin shared some valuable business advice:
- Be able to dig into data, understand and analyze
- Understand the financials of a company
- Negotiation is important!!
- Build your network- seek out people who could be instrumental in moving your career forward
- Focus on the things that energize you. You’ll be good at the things that are interesting to you
- Go into business with confidence
Thank you Kristin for spending time with us and sharing your story!
Hope to see you all at the next meeting!